Sunday, May 31, 2009

Having Problems????

can't believe a week has past by since I last worked these keys with so much thought.....
a lot of time passes in a short week......
7 sunrises...7 sun sets.....
7 moon rises......7 moon sets
7 days.....
168 hours....
10,080 minutes....
6,048,000 seconds.....

WOW.........

seems that in good ole Spfld Mo, the mayor is taking advantage of his connections.....
as my friend Jim is known to have said....
it's NOT what you know....
BUT 'WHO' I know........

guess it is good to be the mayor in Spfld Mo......at least for now.....


the horsefarmer is off on another vehicular mission......
I'm thinking the next thing we know is that he will have a 1/4 scale trailer
to pull behind that 1/4 size car.........
just staying in theme here....
if he gets an excemption for the littleprincess to drive the 1/4 scale car to the shows....then I'm thinking the mayor may be calling him soon.....

the longroof is preparing for a journey.......well, to me it would be an afternoon's drive....but this is the longroof......recently he facilitated a training sesson down in Melbourne FLA for the goodattorney.....one day event.....I lost the bet with Jim as he got home the same day he left.....
I figured the trip would take him two days......it is almost a hundred miles away and as the longroof despises the Eisenhower highways, the only other way south from here is county roads.....sure didn't expect to see him until Monday at least....damned if he didn't get home the same day......sure surprised me....cost me a buck too.....so you owe me a dollar longroof....

the sungoddess's sisters are coming for a visit the end of this week.....
not sure I'll ever get to the bottom of her list....just when I think I'm there.....
the week of rain we had has resulted in an abundance of those pesky little
critters that suck the blood out of you....oh, they are bred extra large here in lovely FLA....
something for the tourist to remember on their holidays.....
these things have been known to carry off small children if left unattended.....
but the yard has been cleared of any water containing leaves.....
mowed twice and will be mowed again before their arrival......roof cleaned.......headge trimmed.....and the neighbor's side too.....wood pile cleaned and restacked.......house washed.....
yes we do that here in lovely FLA.....green stuff grows on the siding in the shade.......explains why everyone owns a pressure washer....or knows somebody that does....
driveway cleaned and recoated to cover the oil spots.....

that last sentence was a transition statement for those brother's of mine that are watching....

as the owner of two vehicles over 40 years of age...and one that is closer to twenty than I am....
oil spots on the driveway are going to be the death of me yet.....
the kid's jeep leaks oil from a 6 dollar part......
only have to pull the transmission to replace that little seal......
the new-old jeep leaks oil from the same place......
the honda just leaks from every seal on the engine......175k miles and 18 years...
guess it is going to be leaking for a while....
but this leading someplace....not sure where...and I think I've been there before....
the oil spots are easily covered, but continue to reveal themselves after repeated traffic.....
powdered concrete and stucco mix are great for the short term, but I've got to come up with a permanent solution to a permanent problem.......thinking about paint, but not sure what the end result will be.....might be too slippery......tell you later.....

spent the weekend at the ball field......the kid's sister played in a tournemant this weekend and thus did the sungoddesses and I.......6:30 am Saturday until 4:00 pm Sunday......
loooong time to spend in the sun.......they won one on Saturday and one on Sunday.....first time for the latter.....it was great watching the kids enjoy a Sunday victory.....

these are a few of the reasons why we.....

CELEBRATE LIFE.................


at least 6,048,000 seconds a week.....

2 comments:

Horse-farmer said...

Hey I got the perfect solution to those oil spots....

As an owner of two vehicles that came to be in 1966, two tractors that came to be sometime in 1950 and 1960s, and several pieces of farm machinery that leak just to piss you off. I feel I am an expert in the matter of oil spots.

PARK IN THE GRASS...........

PARK ON THE HIGHWAY SHOULDER....
Street shoulder for you city folk.

Lil Jim said...

I keep cardboard under the 1991 Jeep with 173,xxx miles on it, runs great and is paid for. Few leaks are no big deal