Monday, October 27, 2008

Yep, I've been away for a while

Did you ever notice how dependant we have become on these little machines that were designed to make our life simpler.....when all they do is make life more complicated....I have been away for a while doing what most fathers of teen age and pre-teen age children do.....since I've visited here last I have traveled over 200 miles to watch an eleven year old play softball....not once, but twice.....I've argued with my wife over how much chemistry a sixteen year old boy must study on the night of his birthday....I was wrong on that for the record.....I've washed the love bugs off that big white truck my wife drives twice....and waxed it once.....I've had the pleasure of sneaking off to go fishing with the kid.....not catching a damn thing....but that is the idea in my world....and then driving across the big bridge to hang out with Jon-Jon.....lounging in a beach chair watching old cars cruise by.....and watching no less than 20 police cars respond to a robbery at the Walgreens across the street....while watching old cars cruise by....I think I need another cold pop now.....tailgating softball games can be a blast if you do it right.....and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are still very good....but only on Sunday afternoons for some reason.....but since I've been away I have noticed that when the time is available we use these electronic marvels and rely on them almost too much.....when we turn on these machines we expect instant gratification..yep, we are products of a microwave generation....
the point of all this rambling is that when over the course of the past several days I have had the time to sit down and turn on this modern day communication device I find that I have missed so much....no longer do I subscribe to the daily print media so I rely so much on the web for information.....got a brother running for a political office in his county....got a brother looking for a job in his....got a brother trying to decide whether to buy a new bull dozer, a new disc, or an old jeep......damn that seems like an easy decision to make....but you see, I have missed so much....
didn't get to the beach this weekend.....missed some wickedly sweet waves.....didn't get to work on the old willies either.....
did get to see the kid's sister play some softball and I think that it was worth it all to spend time doing that....so that is why I have been away and where.....
guess this about as much time as I have now.....

Celebrate Life.....

1 comment:

Horse-farmer said...

and then the Bus sends me a link to another 49 willys, closer and only 2500.

I got the fever, just trying to figure if it will tow my 52 Farmall Super C ??????

Of course, the Barngoddess has to fill up the bulk grain bin 10 times for me to save that much....

Celebrate Life