Monday, October 6, 2008

The Year of the Jeep .... revisted

If I thought I could blame Yogi Berra for this I would......
.....deja vue all over again.....
.....here I am just enjoying life.....great family.....beautiful wife.....wonderful, talented, children.....
...a lake wobegon life......had to look that one up the first time I saw it....a term that immediately comes to mind.....but then.....a thunderbolt hits.....well maybe not a thunderbolt.....an email will do in this era......seems two of my brothers are constantly surfing the net looking for the deal of the century.....and then forwarding it to me.....don't get me wrong....they send some really cool stuff that is worthy of the time spent previewing it.....but then occasionally they send items that have been recycled more than photos of Brittney Paris.....or whoever she is today....
a lot of the time I spend more energy deleting these offerings than I spend viewing them......but you never know with these brothers of mine....so you gotta look at each and every one......every so often they sneak a nugget in amongst the bulk so you better pay attention......
today was one of those days......I opened my mail box this morning expecting to see the usual cache of jokes and funny videos I seem to collect over the weekends......mixed in among these laughs and chuckles is a craiglisting of a 46 jeep in my back yard....well actually 1.3 miles south of me at 7:00 am est.....
got this from both the bus and the longroof and thought 'what the hell' I give the gut a call and see what it is.....called the seller and arranged to view the offering in the late morning..... never thought I would have to pay two people for the same product but ended up paying a potential buyer to leave so I could put in the winning bid.....called the local tow company and had them drag it to the shop......feel like the bus when he got home from Colorado...

I know I got a good deal...now I just have to convince myself of it...the seller supplies antique and exotic vehicles to the movie industry and this was a reject from a recent flick....somebody welded in an entire new floor pan with 1" tubular hat channels.....the tub is solid but it needs a little mechanical TLC.....I hope I can get a buy three get the fourth free deal at my local starter rebuild shop....gotta fix the brakes....sound familar Jim.....still haven't heard the beast run yet...but I got faith that the little flat head four won't let me down.....if all else fails I do have a parts vehicle....just keep that quiet around the kid.....seems he has no desire to see his 67 CJ5 go away.......on a by note....the tail gate on the new 46 is incorrect...seems it is a gate off a 60's era CJ5.....what a shame.....the kid gets a new tail gate with the correct Jeep logo stamped into it.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when can i buy the jeep gocart????

horsefarmer