Friday, March 27, 2009

thank you

a while back my Mother passed from this world...she was preceeded by my Father, a man I truly loved and respected.....earlier this week it was noted that Mother had been gone from this world for a year as we count it....somehow it seems to me that she has never been gone.......while my Father and Mother were removed from me by over a 1000 miles, I lived with them every day.....still do for that matter....what I miss the most is the sound of their voices....the reassuring words of their experiences....I still remember my Father's words when I asked how to deal with a period my then 2 year old son was going through....
"Son, they haven't written that book yet." while it didn't help me worth a damn at that time, it made more sense as time passed....today I understand what he meant..
one of my brothers made a comment about placing flowers on the spot where their earthly remains have been placed....my Mother always encouraged me to send her a plant rather than flowers....seemed she preferred a plant over flowers as the plant would always resurrect itself every spring rather die every winter....
so in my Mother's honor I encourage every one of us put a plant into the ground...something that we can nurture, feed, and enjoy as it grows to help support our life....it was a little thing that she did every day to help us remember to....

CELEBRATE LIFE........

1 comment:

Horse-farmer said...

Great post Jeep.

Have done that already with trees.

Also remember some really good visits with Dad and Mom after we returned to SW Mo.

Celebrate Life