Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fourth from the Fourth


pretty novel post here.....the fourth photo from
the fourth file.....
gonna go look and see what we got.....
gee we found a jeep related photo.......
no glamour shot.....just a fuel tank for a CJ2A......
bought this off ebay, that lovely store in space.... another example of why you should always ask more questions when buying off the web..... was looking for a fuel tank for a M38A1......under seat, side fill tank with a three inch cap.....exactly what I asked for......except for the angle of the neck off the tank.....on the M38A1 the tank neck is at about a 40 degree angle...the CJ2A neck has no angle of approach.....so I thought I had just wasted another $80.00 on ebay......filed this tank away for future use.......you never really know what a fuel tank can be traded for when somebody else is in need......when the bus got his jeep, I thought hot dog, I got a tank so he won't need to buy one......his jeep was stored in a barn with a top on the jeep.....his tank was in good shape......back into the barn this tank went awaiting a future need.....low and behold, it was drug back out when a 2A showed up in my driveway......and it needed a fuel tank.....jee, I know somebody who has one sitting around gathering cobwebs and dust.....out of the box it came, cleaned, primed, and painted, and then into the jeep it went......so that's my fourth photo from my fourth file......