Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me....

Wow.....another year year goes by an before you realize it you've had a birthday.....well, not really a birthday, but a celebration of your birth.....not counting weekends or holidays, I'm only 21 ......at least that's my story....so stick with me here now okay.....
spent the day working as the majority of people do.....it's not a national holiday, not even a local one....spent the evening with the kid.....went to watch the last night launch of the space shuttle....
the kid and I picked up the longrooffan and drove a block easgt to the beach.....of course the first thing the kid said when we got to the beach...."should have brought my board Dad, some good waves tonight"......no way possible to follow the mind of a sixteen year old.....we go to watch a historical significant event, and he wishes he had brought his surfboard......always looking for a good time.....but it was a great show.....the sonic boom lasted a good 20 seconds and was a fantastic conclusion to a pleasant evening spent with good company........

not with standing the shuttle launch, this time of the year always makes me think of where I came from and how I became what I am......what are the memories that formed the person I am now.......don't start this trip trepidly.......a lot of time and energy is spent rationalizing what we are.....
I saw this movie with my Faher and Mother the first time......my Father truly enjoyed it and I in my later years understood why......


1 comment:

Horse-farmer said...

Good talking to you last night, glad I was able to get ahold of you.
Cold 34 Degrees F, put out new round bales for all the critters, got the chores done.... all amid snow flurries and that perfect Barngoddess1 showing me the way.

Beautiful morning among good company. Now off to help others.
Hope the ball games go good for the little sister and you enjoy watching them as much as I enjoy listening and reading your stories about them.

Celebrate Life