Monday, April 27, 2009

and as we CELEBRATE LIFE...........

sorry about the delay since my last visit here.....life seems to keep me busy, and when I do have down time, I find myself enjoying other's life adventures, rather than recording my own....well, at least recording them here, for all to view....I have recorded them all in my mind's Memorex for my own enjoyment....the last couple of weeks have been very busy in my world....what with chasing the kid's sister all over the center of the state on weekends so she can play softball....then rushing home so she can play basketball that night in the PAL league...trying to keep up with the kid while he continues to grow into himself....a lot of the time I sit and look at him and wish I was his age again....he is a lot of fun to hang out with....
keeping two old jeeps running and road worthy.....cleaning up the driveway after the two old jeeps deposit their deposits on the driveway.....getting one ready for the paint shop....delivered it today...next time I see the new old jeep it should be a Michigan Yellow variation.....this past weekend was a typical recap....spent Saturday morning working and the afternoon laying some tile for the olelongroof on a job he got....the sungoddess, the kid, and the kid's sister were on their way home from Gainesville so I devoted a little time on the new old jeep before sending it to the paint shop....as I was painting the radiator, I noticed that there were quite a few fins that needed straightening out....of course this lead to a radiator leak...so off to the local parts store for radiator stop leak....following the directions on the stop leak bottle, the water pump started leaking....guess the warm up period was too long....or else the water pump was going anyway and I just chose to ignore it.....but then this leads us down a road best visited after the repairs have been made....
oh, another reason we CELEBRATE LIFE...sometimes way too seldom....
Saturday the kid ask me where we stored his baseball gear....a rather odd question since he hasn't picked up a baseball in over three years...but it seems he was invited to play in a baseball tournement on Sunday and accepted....not wanting to intrude, especially since he stated that he didn't want spectators....the longrooffan and I snuck over to see the game.....check his blog for details... but man was it fun....a scene from "Sand Lot' for sure....a bunch of 15 and 16 year olds playing a game the way it was designed....just for fun...no 'adult' supervision, no parental controls....they called their own plays and didn't argue too long on the call...a perfect way to spend a couple of hours on a beautiful Sunday afternoon....
thanks kid....
found out today that their are five teams in this league and the teams are founded, funded, and governed by the kids....what a concept.....it was a blast hanging out and enjoying a couple of cold pops with a friend while watching a good old ball game.

thanks again kid.....

thanks for an allowing your old man to CELEBRATE LIFE.... your way........

No comments: