Friday, March 20, 2009

Glad to be back

after what seems to be an eternity, I have finally returned to these pages....seems the 67% of the time I spend on the web finally caught up with my laptop and it crashed.....and it crashed hard....no amount of spyware, anti-virus, spamware, or any of the other stuff I don't understand could fix it.....so thankfully, DELL sells for less if you look hard enough and, I'm back.......still got some time ahead of me figuring out what program does what and how to get there, but so far I have spent the better part of my free time trying to catch up, damn we are busy people...lot's of happenings since I last visited.....the bus and I went partners on a parts vehicle, then didn't....that works out best I think....he got a couple of parts for less than face value, I got a couple of parts the same, the longroof made a couple of bucks, and I didn't loose too much in the process....gotta a couple more items to sell that I hope will break even....but another chapter....
went with the kid last weekend to a WWII battle re-enactment that his history professor participates in.....every aspect of the event is authentic to the era and it was pretty neat....vehicles included...these guys do everything period correct, even down to no showers for three days prior for the visual physical effect of the soldiers.....they camped out in authentic tents and even cooked over a fire and ate k-rations.....not so sure I'd be that far into it, but they do a wonderful job of explaining everything to the couple of hundred people gathered around.....saw a fully restored 1942 MB.. the owner and restorer was a retired Navy guy.....submariner who wanted to stay 'high and dry' from now on.....the MB was very well done, but as the kid said as he missed a couple of shifts, "Dad, this guy can't drive worth a damn." I guessed it was the foot traffic that caused the mis cues, but the kid was right.....should have stuck with automatics.....made me feel sorry for the gears.....made me realize that my new old jeep needs attention....gotta a guy lined up this weekend to repair the tool box and weld it into place.....then the correct seat frames...then off to the paint booth.....oh wait..gotta replace the brake lines to the front cylinders first.....got replacements, just not the time......gotta find that now that the time last longer.....along with fishing, softball, yard care, pt, wt, damn, it's dark again.....pretty much the same as all....
so many things that warrant sharing have happened since last visit that I can't remember them all.....funniest (or best) was cruising the beach last weekend with the kid.....not only did I forget about spring break....I forgot the kid is sixteen and a half.....loong sloow safari drive down and back up the beach.....felt like the longroof....6 miles in an hour and a half....of course it is hard to tell him that his mother came to these very beaches in her youth for the same reason these kids were here now.....but damn he has good eye sight.....I think maybe that explains why my neck hurts so bad.....another reason to .............

CELEBRATE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Horse-farmer said...

Auw spring break on the warm beaches of the Sunshine State...

Remember them well, seems not too long ago you and I were in BBB's VW bus on some beach road checking out the chicks and
YOU FELL OUT OF THE DAMNED THING

Chicks thought you were cool though.

Blogger said...

I'm using AVG security for a couple of years now, and I'd recommend this Anti-virus to everyone.