Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Whom I saw Today.......

preface this by a phone called received Sunday while at the ball field in lovely Winter Haven Florida.....came in on my cell phone and the area code was 850...
the panhandle......little sis Joan is calling......FAIL.....my sister Carol.....she wished to speak with my bride, not so much to me.....hand the phone off to my bride and ten minutes later she hands it back to me, with the message that my two older sisters had organized a couple of boxes of stuff shipped to them from Mother's estate and Carol was dropping them off at our home on her return trip north on Monday.....had a couple of commitments on Monday so I was home when Carol and George dropped by....I haven't seen Carol in about 7 or 8 years and was experiencing an awkward moment when she stepped out of her suv....ended up to be a nice visit...short, as I had an appointment 20 minutes away and they were on their way to visit their grandchildren in St Augustine....
never even occured to me that Carol might have grandchildren...never even thought of her as being old enough to have grandchildren.....turns out she has several kids.....when she spoke about them, her entire face beamed like a sunray was shining on her, and her alone....the joy I was able to feel looking at her as she talked about her kids was truly a blessing.....kind of like the bus when he talks about the boys.....or Ganey when she is looking out her kitchen window to see if the blinds are up on the house next door, and seeing that they are......
I hope that one day I am able to enjoy that too...I was glad to be exposed to that side of my sister....this is what enabled me to.....

CELEBRATE LIFE...................on Monday

No comments: